Tuesday 5 May 2015

52 weeks of millinery - A new project!


Hello my lovelies, Hope you all had a super bank holiday weekend.

I'm excited to announce last week I started a brand new personal project. To create a new hat or head piece ever week  for the next 52 weeks ( yep a whole year ) and share pictures of it each week here on the blog.

Now the idea came to me when I listened to an episode of Tiffany Hann's podcast - Raise Your Hand. Say Yes with Jen Hewett and they talked about Jen's project 52 weeks of printmaking. It really captured my imagination and gave me a solution to tackle one of my aims at the moment - how to consistently create more hats or headpieces and stretch my skills millinery.
I kept thinking about this project a for a few weeks, trying to decide if I could really achieve creating and posting a completely new hat or head piece each week on top of  my costume work commitments and my day job, but the idea just wouldn't budge. So on my birthday on 22nd April I decided that my birthday present to myself would be to commit to starting this project the very next week.

So here we are at week one and I have gone back to an idea that has been buzzing around my head for months






I posted about my love for pompom trimmed millinery here and since then I have been meaning to  create my very own creation pompom fascinator and so last week I made the time to get down and do it.








It was really inexpensive to make, I used sinamay I had left over from some millinery projects I worked on before Christmas and the wool I had picked up months ago just because I liked the colours.
Over all I'm pleased with my start, I wasn't a particularly ambitions project but it was fun and it feels good to have realised an idea that I had been thinking of for such a long time.

Anyway it's now time to get cracking on this weeks millinery project, as well as planning out some other posts that will be coming up soon,  oh, and I'm starting working on one of the productions for our local theatre festival this week too, so it's going to be a busy one! Hope you all have a great week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment