Tuesday 10 March 2015

More Magpie Musings



Hello my lovelies, Just thought I would give you all a sneaky peak at some of the work that I've been doing over the last couple of days.

As I mentioned yesterday I have been realy inspired by the Magpies visting my garden at the moment, and thought I would share some of my sketchbook pages and work in progress that I had been creating from this.

The fascinator is very much a work in progress as I'm still adding beads to the sinamay base and the other embroidered Magpie is probably going to end up as either a necklace or on a head band. 


I'm just playing around with combining patterned fabric with playful motifs and beaded embroidery with these pieces and have a few others ( although not magpie related) in the pipeline. I think the techniques still need a bit of envelopment at the moment but I'll keep on playing with it until I get it just right.Let me know what you think, if anyone knows any great beading or embroidery resources out their please let me know in the comments because I could definitely do with a bit of guidance for techniques xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment