Thursday 28 August 2014

Inspirational Millinery - Stephen Jones for Schiaparelli A/W 14/15

 
For the last few months I have been so busy with my own millinery work I have barely been able to keep track of what the rest of the hat world has been doing.  So apart from brief glimpse from Ascot and sneaky peaks at some of my millinery friends work I have been somewhat lacking in actual millinery inspiration.
 
That has now come to an end as I am determine to hunt out  ( and share ) new and exciting millinery to keep myself inspired and up to date will all the hat happenings in the world!.
Today I thought I would start by sharing some of the hats created by the King of milliners Stephen Jones for Schiaparelli's fall 2014 collection.
 
 
 
image courtesy of style.com
 

 I really love the use of fun and playful shapes used. Stephen Jones is undoubtedly the master of our trade but for me these hats captured a special essence of millinery, the ability to be witty and quirky without looking outlandish and irrelevant.
 
image courtesy of style.com
There is such a nice understated nature to this cap with it's almost landgirl esque tie front which sharply offsets the oppulance of the embroidered jacket.
 
images above courtesy of style
I have to admit that the crochet pointed cap is probably my favourite out of the whole collection. Even though it is possibly one of the simpler pieces I know that if I were wear this on a cold winters morning it would bring a smile to my day. That for me is what millinery is about, creating beautiful pieces that make people smile.

Schiaparelli Haute Couture AW14 Paris Susie Bubble
image courtesy of dazeddigital.com
 
And who doesn't want a glorious party hat to wear on a cold and grey day?  xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment