Monday 7 October 2013

Lady Lilith by Dante Gabriel Rosetti- A picture post

Lady Lilith by Dante Gabriel Rossetti source: http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/walker/exhibitions/rossetti/works/beauties/ladylilith.aspx
 
So I was having a browse through my inspiration folder today when I came to an article about  Pre-Raphaelite paintings, now I have always adored  Pre-Raphaelite paintings but hadn't come across this one before.  Today for some reason it really stood out  amongst the others in the article that I knew so well so I thought I would share it as a moment of inspiration  for everyone. 
 
I also wanted to share with you this really sweet mug I bought the other day. You know those impulse buys you have when think I really don't need this but I'm going to get it anyway, well this was one of them.
 
 
I know it sounds silly but I actually think this purchase has paid off over the last week ! I've had a pretty nasty cold  and the only thing that has really helped me keep at my desk sewing was drinking lots ( and I mean lots ) of hot drinks. I always think it tastes better  out of a  nice mug and this one really cheered me up!
 
So you probably now want to know what elixir I've been putting in this glorious mug well, it hasn't just been good old English breakfast ( although you can not beat it in the mornings!), my lovely friends bought me this scrummy tea back from a lovely little shop in Winchester. 
 
 Its called Winchester Sunday tea and it's a blend of Assam with vanilla, it is really lovely, it recommends that you have it with steamed milk, but as I haven't got a fancy coffee maker or milk steam I've just ben having it like normal tea with milk. I was surprised how nice the vanilla was without being too over powering. Definitely will have to get some more when this runs out, which could lead to a fabulous trip to Winchester which is indeed well over due.




 
Just also want  to point out that my Glorious mug does perfectly match the coasters I use in my work space making it the number one perfect mug to use whilst I'm working!
 
Any way I hope you have enjoyed my quick ramblings about tea, mugs and Pre-Raphaelites and have had a great start to your week! Jessie x

No comments:

Post a Comment