Monday 15 April 2013

From under the Pile of Papers-a picture post

 
 
I found this photo  whilst I was sorting through some old project research from one of my college projects. I must have cut it out of  a magazine years ago and it’s been in my inspiration file ever since. I’m not sure why I love it so much but it captures my imagination  every time I look at it.
 
I  spent a considerable time on Google image search trying to track down where it came from and who the photographer was but to no avail which is a shame because I would love to know more about it, I suppose part of the reason I love it so much is that the birds presence gives the model quite a statuesque feel  but also at the same time it seems quite playful.
 
I’ve been  thinking a lot lately about the importance of taking really great photos, for both documenting my work and  using  on this blog. At the moment my camera skills are pretty haphazard and I struggle with getting  the composition and the lighting right  especially  when  I tend to take pictures  for posts in the evening after work  when lighting is even trickier.
 
Now I know that practice makes perfect so I have set myself the challenge to try and take more photographs every week  and not just for blogging but just everyday shots of things I find inspiring or just to record what I'm up to during my day. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need advice and a helping hand  through my journey of photographic improvement so I'll be sharing my photos once in a while on the blog and would be really grateful for any pointers or tips on the way. 
Well that's all for now, hope you all had a great weekend  Jess xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment