Wednesday 27 March 2013

A Flutter with Embroidery



Evening everybody, I thought I’d share a little embroidery project I’m working on at the moment. A little while ago I mentioned that I am currently drawing a lot of inspiration from Mexican folk art.
 Well this is one of the pieces I’m working on from it at the mo. It started life as this sketch I made of this charm. I have a current obsession about depicting birds in my accessories and I thought that it would make a great motif for an embroidery project
Here are a couple of photos of  my work in progress, it’s still not quite finished and I’m  not sure what it will end up as in its completed life, I really like the idea of  using it as an embroidered necklace, let me know what you think in the comments below!
I’m  still experimenting with stitches  on this one,  as my current repertoire is pretty limited, but next time I think I’ll also  incorporate  some sequins or beads.  I’m really just playing with ideas on this project at the moment so if any one has any ideas or suggestions let me know!
Hope you are all having a great week, it’s pretty chilly hear in Cardiff at the mo (though other parts of the UK are even chillier) so I’m keeping warm inside with my sewing.  x

No comments:

Post a Comment